Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

18 April 2011

Harper Valley PTA

Well, not really.  It just seemed like the right title to put.  Why?  I was elected as the new PTA President!  Lord help me!  I'm super excited and then I make myself freak out over it.  It's a lot of responsibility, but I like to be busy.  Even though it makes me a little crazy, but I was already a little crazy to begin with.

I think for me the best thing about this is that I can make a difference.  And I know even though my mom is in heaven , she's looking down with a huge smile on her face and she's unbelievably proud of me.  She loved PTA.  She loved doing things for the kids.  I look back at my childhood and the most important things I remember about school all involve my momma.  She was always at every event.  Every. Event.  It was always so great to know that she was there.  I hope someday that Boog looks back and has the same great memories.  Of course, at some point {junior high} I was ready for her to not be at the school all the darn time! 

All in all, I can't wait to plan for next year and see what great things we can do for our school.  It's a daunting task, and I know there will be times when I could have done things better, but I can't wait for the challenge!  Here's to hoping I have all my hair by the time schools over next year...