Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

10 October 2010

Wowzer!

This week has been ex.haus.ting!  Between Caroline's activities, work, PTA, being mommy & wife, pets, I'm worn out!  LOL!  Whew, who knew being an adult was so tough?  I love it though :)

Friday night Caroline's cheer team performed at the fair in town.  She had lots of fun and thought it was really cool that she got to perform!  After she was done, she got to spend the night at the fair with her grandparents and cousin and had a blast.  

She was a little nervous!


 This is her "okay, mom...are you done taking pictures yet?" smile!!!


 Caroline's Team


 They showed off their tumbling skills, this is her doing her back walkover
******************************************************************

I've gotten to the bottom of some of Caroline's clothing woes luckily.  It's all based on her wanting to exert her own personality, taste, fit in with others...which I'm not so sure I like that last part, but I do understand it.  Her little friends are all beginning to pick out their own clothes, and apparently the other moms are smarter than me and just let them dress however they want, as long as it's dress code appropriate.  We talked about it this weekend, and basically she feels like a baby in the stuff I pick out  :(

Of course this makes me sad {and yes, I cried...multiple times!} but I realize that she is growing up and that the big bows and cutesy clothes are not the things she's liking anymore.  We went shopping for some things that we could both agree on and I realized that having a girl is tough!  I went to Old navy first for some jeans, which luckily is a pretty easy thing to agree on!  But you should have seen her going through the racks, looking at stuff, it was a very weird moment for me.  I usually just buy what I want, I've never really let her have an opinion.  We couldn't agree on anything other than the jeans, so she didn't get much there.  Then of course, she wanted to go to Justice.  Do any of you take your little girls to shop there?  I'll be honest, I just don't like the place.  To me, it's just pushing these little girls to grow up too fast.  But I decided I would take her in there and see what it was that she was wanting to wear.  Nope, my money isn't getting spent on the stuff in that store!  The things that I liked and thought were age appropriate for her, she cried about, so we won't be going back.

***************************************************************

I think I've mentioned before that we have 5 dogs, and yes, I know we're crazy!  We have the land for them, and we love them!  One of our sweet girls, Betsy, was out yesterday running around and came home hurt.  We're pretty sure she was bitten by a snake...probably a rattlesnake or copperhead.  We have nothing but open land surrounding our house, so there's no telling what bite her.





We watched her all day and night, and she's doing great!  Unfortunately, living in the country this happens quite often.  We've had 3 dogs get snake bites, and all of them were fine!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is definitely a snake bite! Dogs and cats blow up in the site where they have been bit. Our cat got bit by one when we first moved here to our house. On the day I thought I would have to take him to the vet, he suddenly got better. It looked like he had gotten his wisdom teeth pulled! He should be okay in a couple of days.

Earth Mama Sarah said...

Your bit about the clothes reminds me a lot of you and your mom.... do you remember all the disagreements y'all had in high school about clothes? hee hee I can definitely see this happening in the future with Ruby and I, since she's only almost 4, and wants to dress up like Lady Gaga.... YIKES!!!!!!!