Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

08 December 2009

Slow Down a Minute


Ha!  I wish I could slow down for a minute!  Last weekend was non-stop, and so much fun!  We had a get together Friday night, Saturday...Wowzers!  First we had a Christmas Brunch which a very dear friend was having, then Caroline's school was being sponsered at Barnes & Noble for the day, then we had a birthday party, then dinner with friends!  Sunday was spent with family so it was a much slower day!

But let's back up a few days really quick.  Caroline loves arts & crafts, and always wants to do her own while I'm working.  For her birthday she gots tons of different kits and crafts to make...the girl was in heaven!  One of the kits was to make a stepping stone.  Thursday night we got it all out and read the directions, and then we got to work.  I should have taken pictures, but I was too busy!  I'll shorten the process for you:  mix cement, pour into mold, let dry for 10 Minutes, adorn with all kinds of goodies, then let dry for several hours.  When the time comes for her to decorate her stone, she goes to town.  Stones, little glass pieces {hmhmm...plastic look alikes}, and then glitter.  It came with a tool to carve designs into the concrete, but we had to wait a little longer for that.  The next morning I get up and check it out, then as we are getting home that night, I show it to her.

"Caroline...look at your stone!"


Totally awed expression on her face



"It looks just like the beach mommy.  Tab, Tab...look!  It looks just like the sand at the beach!  I have my very own beach now!"

That girl cracks me up!  Back to Saturday...





The Christmas brunch was wonderful!  It was so nice to visit with other ladies over yummy food!  And I was super impressed by Caroline!  She played so good with the other little girl there, and didn't stay constantly underfoot, which she has a tendency to do sometimes.  The brunch was held by one of the ladies I work with, but our history goes back farther.  Tab worked for her husband for several years before he took a promotion.  And then a few years ago, Tab started to help him farm.  So, if you remember my post way back about Caroline getting to ride in Harvey the big truck, then you'll understand why we just had to take a picture with Harvey before we left their house on Saturday!



So when it was time to leave there we headed home to get Tab so we could go to Barnes & Noble.  They have this whole day full of different events for the kids all while giving a percent of the proceeds to our school!  There was story time, hot chocolate and cookies, prizes, and an art show/contest.  Caroline was picked as one of the kids for the art portion, and she was just so proud...can you tell?



Here is her fishy


Then we headed home for a short while and got ready to go to her friends birthday party.  Caroline of course had fun, but I think she was done for the day about halfway through the party!  There were tears and "i want my mommy's", poor little thing, she was pooped!  But what do you think makes everything all better?

Well, a balloon of course!


Sunday we had a lazy morning then headed over to Tab's dad & step-mom's house for some dominos, cards and food! It was a great way to end a super busy weekend


Caroline & their dog Jack


2 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

We've done plenty of those stepping stones...they are a lot harder than they look! I will never forget the first one we did - Kylie was 3 months old and I ran around like a crazy nut trying to do everything before the cement dried while my baby cried to be fed...but they are so worth the effort (and I still can't believe her foot was EVER that small!).

I love those weekends that are packed full of fun stuff (with a little relaxing inbetween)...I'm glad you guys got to relax a little on Sunday! Miss you, hun! HUGS!

Laurie said...

Hey girl, you never cease to amaze me with all your blog makeovers...looks great! What a weekend...'tis the season! I am hoping when the kids get out of school on the 18th, our relaxing Christmas holiday can begin!