Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

30 September 2013

Fun{ky} Filled Fridays




You might have noticed {maybe} that I didn't post Fun{ky} Filled Fridays last week.  I was out of town with the hubby, on a mission to get him something that he loves.  A shovelhead.

How many of you did I lose with that?  For those of you not up on your biker lingo, that's an old Harley that's really cool.  In all seriousness, a shovelhead is the motor in the bike.  Hubby has been on the hunt for one for quite a while, and in true Murry fashion, we both like old, vintage, worn around the edges kinds things.  So this was a perfect fit for him.  He found one in Lubbock, TX, which is roughly 6 hours from us.

This whole thing gets really fun when I add in the little detail that he was trading his bike {2005 Harley Night Train} for this 1983 Shovelhead.  Yowzers.

After a week of debating, sending pictures and emails back and forth, we set out to meet and look at this bike.

Hubby rode his bike one last time that day.  I didn't think I would get all teary-eyed over a silly bike, but, boy did the tears come flooding out.



He picked me up for our first date on this bike, he took Caroline for her first motorcycle ride on this bike.  I lovingly and painstakingly hand painted the tank and fender on this bike.  It was tough to see it go.

But, as life is constantly changing, so do the vehicles we drive.  Now there's a new {to us} bike to add to the Murry fleet.



Now the fun begins...

No comments: