Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

21 June 2012

Counting Down

I'm sure there are many of you out there who have to share your kids, whether it be from divorce or having a baby daddy you don't live with.  It happens.  It's sad, but the truth.  I'm the 1st...divorced {but over the moon happily remarried}.  During the year having to share my time with my girl is hard, it makes me sad.  But, I never wanted to be "that ex" that made things difficult when it came to our daughter.  I've done my best, allowed tons of "extra" time for her and her dad.  But, then comes summer.

Summer is a whole 'nother ballgame!  She has to spend 30 days with her dad, all in a row.  I get 1 weekend...out of 30 days.  Can you hear my heart break? And yes, I do realize it could be worse, in fact it was.  If her dad lived over 100 miles from me then she would go for 42 days.  Which used to be the case until he moved closer.

She's been at her dad's since June 1st and I'm counting down the days till she comes home.  I mean literally, counting them down.  In fact, I'm having a celebration with my girls the night before.  I can.not wait till July 1.  Then she's all mine {and hubs} and we're whisking her off to the beach for our annual 4th of July beach week!!!  If only I can make it through the next 10 days {and yes, that's counting today}.

So, I'm wallowing a little today...because I miss my girl.

Every.Single.Day


2 comments:

Crazy Me said...

Aww that stinks. I am glad that even though it is very hard on you that you don't make it difficult for her. I have seen the other side of it when I mom made it a horrible situation and it's heartbreaking to the child! Good job Momma even though it breaks your heart to not have them!

Frugal Jen said...

That has got to be so hard! You are taking the high road and it will pay off in the long run. How exciting your only days away now!