Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

09 April 2010

Rockin' the Peacock


Let me tell y'all, my Caroline...she just cracks me up!  I can't even begin to tell you how funny she's been this week!  I've tried to write down snippets, or keywords of things she's said or done, but...I have no clue what they mean!  It's been a long week!  Earlier in the week she went on and on about how some kids she knows spell Mississippi.  "...momma, some kids spell it like M-I-double S-I-double S-I-double P-I.  They don't really spell it, not like I do.  I spell it all out M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I."  And I have no idea what prompted this conversation either.  It was literally out of the blue, like it just popped into her little head.  And yesterday morning, she wakes up, like she wasn't really asleep, and just starts going.  She talked non-stop all the way from getting up until I dropped her off at school!  The very 1st thing she said to me yesterday morning was about how tired she was because she didn't sleep at all that night.  Yep, you heard me, she says she got no sleep last night!  What 7 year old says that?

Anyhoo on to the point of the post!  We get our prescriptions filled at Target, so when we're waiting on one, we wander around the store for a bit.  I've fallen in love with the Liberty of London stuff sprinkled throughout the store!  So cute!  I've been very good and refrained from buying it though...really I have!  And trust me, it's been hard!  But I started noticing a theme.








Do you see the ongoing theme here?   Now, I am not in any way knocking the Peacock pattern just so you know {Trina, I promise}!  It's just been showing up sooo many places lately.  I'm beginning to think it's a sign!  LOL!  Then another day I needed to run by the mall and get a new eyeshadow base, I use one that Clinique sells, thus the trip to the mall!  I hardly ever go to our mall...it's very small and has very limited selections, plus I never have the time!  So, back to the point, I was waiting to ask a saleslady for what I needed, and I was looking at the eye shadows...and I spot the most awesome, fun color ever!



I grabbed a q-tip and put a little on my hand to see if I liked it on.  It was such a great pop of color!  I thought, "hmmmm....would I really wear it though?".  I mean, I like bold colors, but I'm always a little chicken to try and pull them off.  But, it wasn't so bold that I thought it would just sit there unused!  So I said, "I think I'll take this color" to which the saleslady says to me, "OH!  Peacock!  You'd totally rock the Peacock...with your blonde hair and green eyes, yea, you'd rock the Peacock!"  So what does any 31 year old mom do when a young 20 something hip girl tells you that?  I bought the Peacock!!! LOL!  Now I'm not so sure about rockin' it, but I'm gonna give it a go!

But what makes this whole thing so off the wall for me is that I have a super sweet bloggy friend Trina, who writes Fabulously Frugalicious {well, I'm not sure if she calls it that anymore or not!}, who has been onto something for a long time!  She loves peacocks, and has such an amazing style!  I think she must have known that there would be a huge trend with her favorite thing!  But who could blame her?  The colors in a peacocks feathers are gorgeous!  Anyway, you should really stop by and say hello!  Not only does she have great style, but she's an awesome child of God, mom & wife, and a sweet southern girl!  Any way, you may wonder why I'm going on and on...well, since there has been all this peacock talk, and I've seen it so much lately, I bought a little lovely to share with her {you'll have to email me your info!}!  I'm not telling what it is...it's a surprise!  But sorry Trina, I will tell you that I didn't get you the Peacock eyeshadow...you're already a makeup junkie and I figured you already had a similar color!

What are your favorite things?  Things you adore?  Something that if you see the pattern, or color you just have to buy?  Or, your kids favorite?  Be looking for a post in the next week or so on mine and Caroline's favs!  Have a great weekend y'all!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Alicia, I want to hug you!!!!! When I saw your title, my heart jumped a little. I really don't know why I love them so much, I just ADORE peacocks! THEY ARE GORGEOUS!

{I did change my bloggy name :) Its just xoxo, Trina now}

I seriously have to have that frame {or more than one}, like seriously. I will be sad if I don't get one. MUST GO TO TARGET ASAP. They have stationary too! I love it all. Liberty of London has had that peacock pattern for awhile, but since they are in the UK it's hard to find over here. Now that its at Target I have no excuse not to pick some of these things up.

I love that eyeshadow, it makes me happy! lol

I'll be emailing you! SO SWEET of you to think about me. Again I want to hug you! You're the best sweetie!