Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

02 August 2012

Realizing

It dawned on me today, as I was getting PTA stuff ready for the new year, that my girl is not a baby anymore. I mean slapped me in the face dawned on me.

Even though I've talked about it before, I don't know if it all really sank in until today. She's about to be a 4th grader.

She'll be 10 in just a few short months. How can it be so? I promise I was just carrying her off to her first day of school. Not getting ready to take her to the first day of her last year of elementary school.

Her baby looks are all gone. She doesn't quite look like a "little" kid. She has that in between look to her. Like she's on the brink of pre-teen. She cares about her clothes, her hair. She's so into make-up (but NOT allowed to wear it!). I'm SO not ready for this.

She's always been sassy, but I can see the new underlying attitude trying to break through. I'm just not ready.

Why can't they stay little longer? Haha! It would ease this momma's mind for sure!

No comments: